Addicted to Alcohol or Drugs? Take This Quiz to Find Out
Abuse of tobacco, alcohol, and illicit drugs is costly, exacting more than $740 billion annually in the USA, in costs related to crime, lost work productivity, and health care. This includes the use of pain killers as prescription drugs. You may be an alcoholic or a drug addict if you have any of the following:
– You want to stop using, but you just can’t.
– You’ve found that the amounts of alcohol or drugs you once used aren’t enough now.
– When you quit drinking, or using drugs, you begin to go through withdrawal.
– You seem to spend a lot of time either getting alcohol and drugs, consuming them, or recovering from overuse.
– You no longer participate in some of your favorite activities because you’d rather be under the influence.
– Important relationships to you have suffered because of your alcohol or drug use.
– You continue to use even though you’re suffering from health challenges because of it.
– You stay drunk or drugged for long periods of time.
– You need to have drugs or alcohol almost first thing each day.
– You’ve tried changing the type of alcohol or drugs so you can better function.
– You feel guilty when you use.
– You find yourself obsessing over making sure you don’t run out of drugs or alcohol.
– You try to hide your abuse from the people you love.
– Before going out to events, you have a drink or take drugs to calm yourself.
If you can relate to even one of the items on the above list, you most likely have a substance abuse problem. Call us now and we will help you take the first step toward recovery. Mark (833) 627-5534