The benefits of exercise are numerous. Just to name a few; you will sleep better, think clearer, and be healthier in every way if you exercise. If you aren’t involved in a regular exercise program here are a few suggestions that might help:
1. Find exercise you enjoy doing. Research and learn about the various ways to work out. Not everyone likes the same thing so make sure whatever you do you have fun doing it. If you dread your workouts you won’t succeed in any program you come up with.
2. Put your exercise schedule into your calendar and be committed. When someone asks you to do something else tell them that you are busy and schedule to meet with them at another time.
3. Vary your exercise between high and low intensity. You can get a really good workout in in less than 30 minutes. And you can find one that requires no gym and no equipment!
4. Try changing it up once in a while. If you get bored, you won’t do it. You can also reach a plateau if you’re not surprising your body with new things.
5. Start out slow. Try two days a week for 30 minutes, then increase to three days, and so-on.
6. Take the stairs whenever possible.
7. Workout with a buddy. You can motivate each other when you don’t feel like exercising.
8. Try to exercise every single day. If you aim for 5-7 days, you might end up exercising 3-5 days. This includes taking a brisk walk or taking a hike.
9. Don’t be too hard on yourself if you have to cancel your exercise because of things that come up. You can always get back on track the next day. Don’t quit!
10. Remember that your children and others who look up to you will mostly do what you do so make sure you model an active lifestyle for others you care about.