8 Sure Ways to Stay Well
1) Be proactive and protective of your health. It is an asset so give your body, mind, and soul the respect it deserves.
2) Take precautions if you feel something “coming on.” Drink lots of clean water and avoid foods that “stop-up your plumbing.” Avoid stressful situations as much as possible.
3) Minimize your use of antibiotics. Do everything in your power to avoid drugs of anykind. Anti-biotics are “anti-life” and do nothing for a virus. Most of the time your body is capable of fighting-off a cold or flu by itself, although it may take longer. Quick fixes like drugs, have long-term consequences.
4) Sleep. Say “no” to that party or anything else so that you can rest and repair. Sometimes one day of laying low can help prevent a full-blown illness.
5) Be a good example to others including your children, grandchildren, co-workers, and friends. No one likes to be around a complainer, so keep your aches and pains to yourself! The more you talk about it, the more power it gains over you.
6) Stay focused. Keep as many commitments as possible because your work and your mission in life will help keep your mind off of whatever it is that is getting you down.
7) Reward yourself and your family with wellness days. Take time to have fun. Set-up a pattern of rewarding yourself for feeling great. Instead of doting on your children when they’re sick, do something special when everyone is well, and talk about why you’re doing it.
8) Implement stress relieving techniques into your daily life. Pray, meditate, and journal your thoughts and feelings. Write thank you notes and appreciate the little things in life.
For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. Philippians 2:13