5 Ways to Know if Your Relationship is Healthy
Friendships can be wonderful and can add such dynamic energy and happiness to life. Unfortunately, some relationships can be draining, and almost suck the life out of us if we don’t have good personal boundaries or can’t recognize some warning signs. Answer the following questions to find out if your relationship is a healthy one.
1) When you end a phone call or a time together with your friend, or significant love interest, do you feel better about yourself and your relationship?
2) Does the person you’re in the relationship with expect the best of you and encourage you when you share new ideas?
3) Does your friend or significant other allow you the freedom to hang-out with other people without acting jealous or threatened?
4) Is your friend or significant other honest and forthright when sharing things with you?
5) Are you a better, happier, healthier, version of yourself because of your relationship with your friend or significant other?
You should be able to answer “yes” to all of the questions above. The 5 things listed should be true most all the time. Not that you won’t have healthy disagreements or will see eye-to-eye on everything, all the time. It does mean the relationship adds depth, joy, and a sense of satisfaction to your life, as you also add something vital to theirs.
Remember; ending an unhealthy relationship doesn’t mean you won’t miss the person. It does mean that you care more about your health and well-being than remaining in a relationship that isn’t good for either of you.Need help sorting it all out? Email: Donna@SchullerMinistries.org