Would you like to increase your stamina and staying power? Our societies encourage the quick and easy but most people would agree that stamina is a good quality for raising a family and building a successful business.
Here are 5 things that help build stamina:
- Keep your eye on the prize and focus on the goal. Keep the “Why” in front of you by writing it down and posting it. Because everywhere you turn, you want to remind yourself of your goal with pictures, slogans, and things to do.
- Make short term, achievable goals every day because if it’s something small, you’ll believe you can do it. Maybe it’s a certain someone to contact, a task to complete, or a chore that must be done. Small, daily accomplishments will keep you going.
- Surround yourself with supportive people. As you go through the life, you will encounter walls that seem insurmountable but as you face them, and then start to chip away at them, you’ll discover that Nothing Is Impossible. Others will want to join you in helping to accomplish worthwhile goals.
- Remember: you’re in for the long haul. This means that you must take time to regroup, and refresh and rejuvenate. Don’t become the woodcutter who continues to chop the tree that never falls because he won’t stop to sharpen his ax. Without time off you will burn out and never find the stamina you need to accomplish your goals.
- Celebrate the small successes and recognize your success on a daily, weekly, and annual basis. It will keep you and your team energized and motivated. Small celebrations can be as simple as stopping everything in the office, pointing out the accomplishment and having everyone applaud each other.
Stamina is not accomplished by accident and success is the progression of worthwhile goals.